Insurer to Deliver World-Class Service, Products and Expertise to Help Protect Small Business Owners
NEW YORK, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chubb announced today the launch of its Small Commercial Insurance division for North America.
The division brings together a team of product and service professionals to provide a broad range of management and professional liability and standard insurance coverages for small businesses with annual revenues up to $10 million. Chubb Small Commercial Insurance, which already has a robust offering of financial lines solutions, will release innovative insurance products, including an enhanced business owner policy (BOP) and supporting umbrella in the U.S. later in 2016, to serve independent agents and brokers and their small business clients.
As previously announced, Jim Williamson is President of the new division and will report to Paul J. Krump, President, North American Commercial and Personal Lines. Prior to ACE's acquisition of Chubb in January 2016, Mr. Williamson was Division President of ACE Private Risk Services.
"The depth of small commercial experience encompassed by our new leadership team combined with the capabilities that Chubb can bring to the small commercial market is a powerful proposition," said Mr. Williamson. "Under this team's guidance, the Small Commercial Insurance division will deliver superior risk solutions for smaller businesses through our extensive network of independent agents and brokers."
The following division leaders will report to Mr. Williamson:
- Michelle Middleton will serve as Chief Operating Officer. She was previously Eastern Territory Underwriting Center Branch Manager and Senior Vice President, Chubb & Son, and held a variety of other leadership roles with Chubb for nearly 30 years. Reporting to Ms. Middleton are:
- Carla Owens will be the Financial and Professional Lines Leader. Previously, she served as Vice President, Small Business Solutions Program Manager, Chubb Specialty. She has 15 years of industry experience.
- Michelle Shaver will be the Business Owner Policy (BOP) Product Leader. She previously was Senior Vice President-Commercial Risk Services, ACE Limited, and has more than 25 years of insurance experience.
- B.C. Verniero will lead Platform Development. He formerly was Senior Vice President, Chubb & Son, and senior manager for Business Partner Services, IT Strategy and Operations. He has more than 30 years of insurance industry experience.
- Jon Farber will be Technology and Life Sciences Product Leader. He previously served as Senior Vice President of Technology and Life Sciences, ACE Limited, and has more than 25 years of insurance experience. Reporting to Mr. Farber is:
- Patrick Thielen will be Cyber Product Leader and will support product and underwriting initiatives in Technology and Life Sciences. Previously, he served as Vice President, Technology and Life Sciences Underwriting, ACE Limited. He has nearly 15 years of insurance experience.
- Jay Weber will serve as head of Sales. He joined Chubb from The Hartford, where he held multiple sales, product and distribution leadership roles. Before that, he served in several small commercial roles with Travelers.
- Dean Brown will head up Analytics and Marketing. He most recently served as Vice President, Business Analytics, ACE Private Risk Services, and has prior industry experience with Aon and Deloitte Consulting.
- Tom Van Pelt will be division Finance officer. He previously was Division Finance Officer, Chubb Global Accident & Health, and has been with Chubb for nearly 15 years.
- Jim Healey will lead the Actuarial department. He most recently managed Chubb's Corporate Catastrophe modeling unit, and has nearly 15 years of insurance industry experience in a variety of actuarial pricing, predictive modeling and catastrophe modeling roles.
- Charles Silla will be head of Human Resources. He most recently was Senior Vice President, Human Resources, ACE Limited.
More information about the new Small Commercial division can be found by clicking here.
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: www.new.chubb.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160121/324916LOGO
For further information: Media Contacts, Mark Schussel: (908) 903.2107: firstname.lastname@example.org; Jodi Dorman: (908) 903.2608: email@example.com